Although Monmouth athletics has had to stop playing games since March, the absence of competition does not change our commitment to the health and safety of our student athletes. We are supporting athletes from all 23 of our teams in their academic efforts, and in their closely supervised training done in strict compliance with current health and safety standards. In recent months, we have researched and developed the protocols to operate our programs as safely as possible. As soon as we can compete again, WE WILL BE READY!
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused significant economic and budgetary challenges to all of collegiate athletics. We are incurring new expenses implementing new health and safety protocols while important revenue streams that support all 23 Monmouth Athletics programs including ticket sales, sponsorships, and disbursements from the NCAA have disappeared. At the same time, the day-to-day expenses of operating a successful intercollegiate athletics program haven't changed and we're hoping you can support us today!
A gift of any amount to the Blue/White Club designated to the Athletic Director's Excellence Fund makes a difference. The Athletics Director's Excellence Fund supports department wide initiatives allowing each of our programs to receive enhanced support beyond their individual operating budgets. A few examples:
- Maintaining heart rate monitors to gather better data on student athlete performance.
- Producing career networking and personal development events for student athletes.
- Purchasing software to enhance NCAA compliance, recruiting and academic requirements.
- Continued investment in high quality ESPN broadcasts staffed primarily by Monmouth students.
- Providing innovative social media content to allow student athletes to build their own personal brands.
As we continue to work our way back to competition, we are thankful for everyone's continued support of Monmouth Athletics through the Blue/White Club.